It is usually very tough to choose the best among the two coffee machines, especially if they’re both made by reputable and high-quality brands.
Choosing the right espresso machine for you, will depend on a number of factors including ease of use, price, durability, your degree of competence, the flavour of coffee you want to produce, and few others.
Currently in the market, La Pavoni and Gaggia are two of the leading producers of coffee machines who are manufacturing pretty classic and durable espresso machines since last several years.
Even though both of them manufacture high-quality coffee machines, many new and intermediate coffee machine users find it hard to choose the better option for them.
Don’t worry, I am going to help you make your decision much simpler and faster.
In this article, I am going to explain the best features, pros and cons of both the machines.
And finally, I am going to provide 5 main differentiating factors along with my personal choice of the machine.
I hope it will help you make the right buying decision.
While La Pavoni and Gaggia Classic have almost similar functionalities, they still differ in a few departments.
Gaggia has been around since the 1940s and is a great coffee machine producer for beginners as well as fairly skilled coffee makers.
Gaggia Classic Espresso Machine is pretty easy to use for even newbie coffee machine users.
It helps you produce shots that are consistent and is able to grasp the complex flavour of the roasts.
It is also affordable, and creates high-power steaming.
On the other side, La Pavoni Espresso Machine, is an elegant coffee machine and more sophisticated one than the Gaggia Classic machine.
However, it is also more expensive than the Gaggia Classic.
The fact is La Pavoni comes with a manual lever which needs to be pulled down at the right time.
And because of this functionality, it’s not exactly the right coffee machine for most beginner coffee machine users.
Also, La Pavoni overheats quickly and hence, you can extract a maximum of two cups of coffee out of it before it needs to be cooled again.
Finally, when it comes to choose the better coffee machine between the two, my personal preference is Gaggia Classic machine.
With the help of this machine, you can make almost the same quality of coffee as La Pavoni machine.
Also, you don’t have to perform more cleaning and maintenance which you need to do in case of La Pavoni.
Plus, Gaggia Classic is more affordable than La Pavoni machine.
So, obviously my preferred choice is Gaggia Classic Espresso Machine.
I will now explain why in the article ahead.
Table of Contents
- 5 Best Features of La Pavoni Espresso Machine
- 5 Best Features of Gaggia Classic Espresso Machine
- 3 Pros and 4 Cons of La Pavoni Coffee Machine
- 4 Pros and 2 Cons of Gaggia Classic Coffee Machine
- 5 Comparison Factors Between La Pavoni vs Gaggia Classic Machine
- Final Verdict
5 Best Features of La Pavoni Espresso Machine
1. Comes with a nickel-plated boiler which makes it sturdier and more durable.
2. It comes with a built-in pressure gauge which accurately displays the boiler’s pressure.
3. It is a compact coffee machine that takes very little space in the kitchen.
4. It is a manual coffee machine that comes with a manual lever which needs to be pulled down while making coffee.
5. Has a thermostat which checks the pressure and prevents it from increasing higher than expected levels.
5 Best Features of Gaggia Classic Espresso Machine
1. Has 2 holed steam wand that provides the perfect steam milk for lattes.
2. Body is made of stainless steel and therefore it is equally durable and of premium quality.
3. Comes with 3 filters which you can choose according to your level of expertise.
4. It has a solenoid valve which flushes out excess water and makes cleaning Gaggia machine much easier.
5. Comes with a 58 mm portafilter that provides better extraction than the other similar models.
3 Pros and 4 Cons of La Pavoni Coffee Machine
1. Elegant design
2. Heats up quickly in less than 10 minutes
3. Produces delicious espresso shots with a lot of flavours.
1. More expensive than the Gaggia Classic machine
2. Machine needs to be cooled down before the water is filled again
3. Machine is not designed to handle large volume of coffee
4. Not suitable for beginners
4 Pros and 2 Cons of Gaggia Classic Coffee Machine
1. Less expensive than the La Pavoni coffee machine
2. Easy to clean and maintain
3. Easy to use and highly newbie friendly machine
4. Comes with 3 filters and 2 holed steam wand which makes steaming milk easier
1. The steam wand is not powerful enough to be used for latte art.
2. Better options available in the market for experienced coffee machine users who are looking advanced features.
Recommended Articles for You:
5 Comparison Factors Between La Pavoni vs Gaggia Classic Machine
|Features||La Pavoni Machine||Gaggia Classic Machine|
|Portafilter||49mm basket||58mm basket|
|Weight||13.2 lbs||20 lb|
|Water tank capacity||1.6 litres||2.1 litres|
|Warranty||1 year||2 years|
|Boiler material||High-grade brass and coated with nickel||Aluminum|
Even though Gaggia is not as nuanced coffee machine as La Pavoni, it has some distinct features which gives it a clear advantage over La Pavoni.
La Pavoni is an excellent coffee maker, but you need a lot of practice to perfect the art of making coffee with this machine.
While making coffee in Gaggia Classic is much easier and hassle-free than making the same coffee with La Pavoni machine.
La Pavoni can’t handle large volumes and gets overheated quickly, which is another reason why I mainly prefer Gaggia Classic machine over La Pavoni machine.
Additionally, Gaggia is much cheaper option than La Pavoni.
Therefore, Gaggia Classic machine is an ideal choice for new coffee machine users, who are looking for an affordable yet high-quality espresso machine.