Bunn is one of the most respectable coffee machine makers in the world.
It has been around for almost half a century.
Its products are preferred by many coffee lovers because its product quality is extremely superior in several terms.
Gone are the days when one must rely on cheap coffee maker alternatives which can give you a headache and upset your stomach.
As per my research, the two most sought out Bunn coffee machines currently in the market are the Bunn BXB Velocity Brew and the Bunn GRB Velocity Brew.
The two machines have several different features and capabilities to choose from, with many factors that come into play when choosing the right machine for you.
The important or main distinguishing difference between BXB and GRB model is their aesthetics.
The two machines differ in the way to view and experience the coffee that is being made.
With the Bunn Velocity Brew BXB, the coffee is sitting in a round carousel allowing the coffee to be easily viewed by anyone that is passing by it or happens to be sitting around it.
On the other hand, the difference is purely in the design and not in the function.
The GRB 3 group filter is a good piece of equipment with many different features you can take advantage of.
It has just the right amount of options allowing you to create the perfect cup of coffee every time.
The Bunn Velocity Brew BXB is known for producing great-tasting coffee with excellent quality.
The machine has some interesting features such as energy-saving capabilities and its touch screen interface.
Click Here to See various other features of Bunn BXB Velocity Brew Coffee Machine.
Table of Contents
- Main Features of Bunn BXB Velocity Brew Coffee Machine
- Pros and Cons of Bunn BXB Velocity Brew Machine
- Main Features of Bunn GRB Velocity Brew GRB Coffee Machine
- Pros and Cons of Bunn GRB Velocity Brew Machine
- 5 Main Differences Between Bunn BXB vs GRB Coffee Machines
Main Features of Bunn BXB Velocity Brew Coffee Machine
1. Porcelain-plated Warming Plate: Professionals and amateurs agree that coffee tastes better when it is stored in a carafe or a server.
The Bunn Velocity Brew BXB has a warming plate that keeps the coffee warm for several hours after brewing.
2. Fast Brewing Time: Coffee lovers enjoy the fact that this machine brews coffee much faster.
Many consider it faster than most of the other popular machines available in the market in the same price range.
3. Uses Sprayhead Brewing Method: The spray head method is very precise in the way it extracts and brews coffee.
The system sprays hot water inside the coffee grounds, then extracts and collects the sediment in its basket below.
The creation of this brewing method has won Bunn lots of professional, as well as amateur, awards.
Pros and Cons of Bunn BXB Velocity Brew Machine
1. Keeps the water hot
2. Make coffee faster
1. It’s not enjoyable to empty the tank.
2. Cleaning the tank is bit time consuming.
3. Both take significantly more time than cleaning a standard coffee pot.
Main Features of Bunn GRB Velocity Brew GRB Coffee Machine
1. Fastest 10-Cup Home Coffeemaker: This 10-cup home coffeemaker brews up to 10 cups of coffee in as little as 10 minutes.
This is 25% faster than most other coffee makers in this price range.
This speed is due to the 3 group rotating disk technology that lets you brew coffee in any quantity and with impressive speed.
2. Brews 4 to 10 Cups: The Bunn Velocity Brew GRB is one of the fastest home coffee machines on the market and can brew anywhere from 4 to 10 cups of coffee.
This means you can enjoy your favorite drink whenever you are in a hurry and need a quick dosage of caffeine.
3. Auto-Start Button: For those that need their morning coffee faster, this machine’s auto-start button will make sure you wake up with a great cup of coffee in no time.
This is a wise feature that lets you wake up without having to wait around for hours for your machine to start brewing.
Pros and Cons of Bunn GRB Velocity Brew Machine
1. Simple, easy, and fast to use the machine
2. Great all around performance
3. Quick brewing time
4. Does make great-tasting coffee
1. There is only a 10-cup carafe provided.
2. Because standard 10-12 cup filters are too small for the basket; Bunn filters are necessary which are difficult to come by.
Recommended Articles for You:
3 Reasons Why Bunn NHS Velocity Brew is Leaking from its Bottom
Know Exact Reasons Why Bunn NHBX Coffee Machine Leaks Water
Learn Main Reasons Why Bunn Coffee Maker Warmer Does not Work
5 Main Differences Between Bunn BXB vs GRB Coffee Machines
There are many things to consider when choosing a drip coffee machine.
But nothing is more important than your budget as per my experience.
The Bunn Velocity Brew BXB and GRB are both high-quality pieces of equipment that you can rely on for years to come.
Although both models may seem similar on the outside in terms of their respective costs, there are differences you should consider before making your ultimate decision as to which one to go with.
The main features differences are mentioned below fyi.
|Differentiating Factors||Bunn BXB Velocity Brew||Bunn GRB Velocity Brew|
|1: Aesthetics||Rounded and in silver||Square-ish and black|
|2: Capacity||50 Fluid Ounces||10 Cubic Feet|
|3: Overall Looks||Little Better in the Looks Department||Little Inferior in terms of Looks than Bunn BXB|
|4: Usability||Best for making 4 cups of coffee at a time||Ideal for making 10 cups of coffee at a time|
|5. Brew Time||Brews coffee much faster||Brewing coffee takes a little more time|
A drip coffee machine is one of the best ways to get a delicious cup of coffee.
Using the Bunn Velocity Brew BXB and GRB 3 group filter means that you not only get to enjoy your time spent with friends and family, but you’ll also have consistent high-quality and good tasting coffee every time.
These machines are so good that they’re being used in various professional settings, such as restaurants, cafes, and convenience stores.
Whichever one you choose, they will both produce great-tasting coffee every single time.
If you ask my opinion, then I would highly recommend Bunn BXB Velocity Brew coffee machine for a family of 3-4 people.
It is an ideal machine for small to medium family.
Yes, of course you can go for Bunn GRB Velocity Brew Machine if you need preparing coffee in a party or large gathering at your house.
In the end, it all depends on your actual tastes and requirements.