Have you recently purchased or have an old Osaka Pour Over Coffee Maker along with its metal coffee filter?
If so, you must be familiar with frequent clogging issue happening with the Osaka coffee filter.
What happens is when you prepare a pour over coffee with this coffee maker, usually coffee oil and residue gets caught in the metal mesh of your Osaka stainless steel coffee filter.
If you don’t clean it up on a regular basis, then obviously it clogs up your drip coffee filter and then it becomes tedious to remove this clogging.
Today, I will discuss my 5 tried and tested methods that will help you easily clean your Osaka coffee filter and prevent it from clogging up in future.
Table of Contents
- FAQ Related to Clogging of Osaka Coffee Filter
- 2 Signs That Shows Your Osaka Coffee Filter is Clogged Up
- 5 Easy Methods to Remove Clogging from Osaka Metal Coffee Filter
- Final Thoughts
FAQ Related to Clogging of Osaka Coffee Filter
2 Signs That Shows Your Osaka Coffee Filter is Clogged Up
If you are regularly making a coffee using Osaka pour over coffee maker, then you might have experienced few issues with it in the first 1-2 months.
One of those issues is clogging of Osaka metal filter.
This cone shaped metal filter often clogs up if you don’t maintain its cleanliness properly.
After making every pour over coffee with this Osaka method, you will need to carefully clean and wash the cone filter.
There are 2 main signs which will tell you if the Osaka coffee filter is clogged up or not.
1. Extremely slow coffee dripping: When the stainless-steel mesh filter is clogged, no matter how coarse coffee grind is, it won’t drip quickly through it.
When you experience that the coffee is dripping really slow through the Osaka filter, then you must realize it is time to clean it up properly.
2. Brown and nasty looking mesh: Another sign that confirms the clogging of your coffee filter is the existence of browny and nasty looking coffee oil residue marks on the mesh filter.
When you hold this coffee filter in the bright sunlight, then you will see inconsistency in the mesh pattern.
And you will not be able to see through the filter properly due to coffee oil residue.
This is another sign that tells you it is time to quickly clean your mesh filter.
5 Easy Methods to Remove Clogging from Osaka Metal Coffee Filter
Even if your Osaka coffee filter is clogged up badly, there are certain effective cleaning methods you can try at your home.
I am giving out 5 of the best and the most unique methods to clean your Osaka coffee filter quickly and without any issues.
Method 1: Using Cafiza Cleaner
Cafiza cleaner works extremely effective when you want to clean the clogged metal coffee filters.
I have already mentioned how to use Cafiza espresso machine cleaner properly in one of my articles.
Do check that article too.
Its concentrated formula helps in quickly removing the stubborn old coffee oil residue from the mesh of your Osaka coffee filter.
The process to clean it is as follows.
Things You will Need:
2. Hot or Warm Water
3. Old Toothbrush or Scrubber
4. Laundry Tub
1. First thing you will need is a laundry tub where you can clean your clogged Osaka coffee filter.
2. Take 1-2 tablespoons of Cafiza cleaner and mix it in the 1 liter of hot water.
3. It is better if you keep the ratio 1:30 which means 1 part of Cafiza powder to 30 parts of hot water for diluting the mixture.
4. Then take your clogged and unclean Osaka steel filter and dip it inside this solution for 1 hour.
5. After 1 hour, take it out of the solution and start cleaning it with the old toothbrush or a scrubber.
6. Once you are done cleaning all the mesh parts of your filter, make sure that no part of the mesh is having the coffee oil residue now.
7. After it is cleaned, rinse it properly under the tap water and let it dry for few minutes.
Recommended Articles for You:
Method 2: Use Urnex Full Circle Coffee Machine Descaler Solution
The Urnex Full Circle Descaler Solution is another Cafiza equivalent espresso machine cleaning powder which works equally great.
It is often used for backflushing espresso machines and in cleaning the portafilters.
It is much more effective than using vinegar in cleaning the stubborn coffee stains from all types of coffee filters.
You can easily use it to clean your Osaka metal coffee filter without any issues.
Use the same cleaning procedure as mentioned in the case of Cafiza cleaner.
All you need is 1 tablespoon of Urnex Full Circle Descaling Powder, hot water and a cleaning brush.
It is important to soak the Osaka filter in the solution for at least an hour which helps to remove the old coffee stains and oil residue from its mesh design.
After 1 hour, you can take it out and again clean it with a cleaning brush or a scrubber.
Then rinse it under the tap water and let it dry for few minutes.
Method 3: Use Osaka Sodium Percarbonate Cleaning Solution
The Osaka Sodium Percarbonate cleaning solution is made by the Osaka coffee maker manufacturer itself.
So, it must be really good in terms of its overall cleaning performance.
This cleaning solution contains 100% pure Sodium Percarbonate which is an excellent natural laundry cleaning agent in itself.
This solution can help you quickly clean and unclog the Osaka metal coffee filter as well as Osaka coffee maker both.
Things You will Need:
2. 50 oz of Hot Water
3. Cleaning Brush or Scrubber
1. First thing you will need to do to is to prepare a mixture of hot water and Osaka Sodium Percarbonate cleaning powder.
2. Take 1 pack of Osaka cleaning powder and mix it into 50 oz or 6.25 cups of hot water in a laundry tub.
3. Mix the solution properly to make it homogeneous.
4. Now take out the Osaka coffee filter and put it inside the solution.
5. Allow it to soak into the solution for about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
6. Then take it out and scrub its mesh with a scrubber or a cleaning brush.
7. Finally rinse it well with clean water and allow it to dry for few minutes.
Method 4: Use Ultrasonic Metal Cleaner
Some people seem to get the great long lasting results with this cleaning method.
By using a professional ultrasonic metal cleaner, some people are getting quick and excellent cleaning results.
With such ultrasonic cleaners, you can clean all types of jewelry and metal things in few minutes.
All you need is to get a good quality professional ultrasonic metal cleaner such as Magnasonic Ultrasonic Cleaner and the tap water.
This machine crates powerful ultrasonic sound waves which gently cleans all types of metal things including your Osaka metal filters.
It has different levels of cleaning cycles and it is very easy to handle too.
Method 5: Use Waterpik Water Flosser
This is another unique cleaning method which makes use of water pressure washer method.
By using a professional Water flosser such as Waterpik Water Flosser, you can clear out all the clogged holes of your Osaka coffee filter.
Although it is mainly designed to clean your teeth, you can still use it to clean the clogged coffee filters without any issues.
I strongly recommend to use Waterpik water flosser to quickly and efficiently clean the clogged Osaka coffee filter at your home.
Cleaning Osaka metal coffee filter on a regular basis is very important and a necessary procedure.
If you don’t clean it regularly, then it often gets clogged up with stubborn coffee oils and coffee stains.
Whenever you face this issue, you can clean your Osaka coffee filter with any of the above mentioned 5 cleaning methods.
Best of luck.