Are you finding it hard to clean those dirty coffee stains and marks from your Yeti mug? In reality, it is not that difficult to get rid of those coffee marks from your Yeti cup.
Even though yeti cup or tumblers are dishwasher safe, you still need to follow a few precautions. Just putting your cup in a dishwasher is not be enough.
It doesn’t clean your yeti cup properly and some coffee stains do remain so. However, you don’t need to worry about that.
In this article, you will find out how to clean those stubborn coffee marks from your new and old Yeti mug.
By following 3 easy cleaning methods, you can easily get rid of those stains and mold.
However, it is highly recommended to hand wash your Yeti cup in order to get the best results. It will only take a few minutes if you do it properly.
Table of Contents
- Can You Really Get Rid of Coffee Stains from Your Yeti Tumbler?
- Can You Bleach Yeti Cup to Remove Coffee Stains?
- How to Use Yeti Cleaning Tablets to Clean Coffee Stains?
- 3 Proven Methods to Remove Coffee Stains from Yeti Mug
Can You Really Get Rid of Coffee Stains from Your Yeti Tumbler?
Yes, you can get rid of all types of coffee stains from your Yeti tumbler. It will become possible only when you opt for the right method of cleaning.
You will have to make use of the best tools to get the maximum results.
You should not just rely on the dishwasher to complete this cleaning job.
With the right cleaning method and cleaning tools, you can keep your Yeti tumbler clean and fresh looking for a longer period of time.
Can You Bleach Yeti Cup to Remove Coffee Stains?
The answer to this question is a big “No”.
It is never recommended to use bleach as it can probably stain and damage your Yeti cup.
Check out this TheSpruce.com article to find out what not to use to clean stainless steel material.
There is a reason behind not using bleach because bleach contains chlorine. This chlorine usually leaves residue and affect the stainless steel products for a longer time period.
Thus, using bleach containing chlorides are highly prohibited for cleaning Yeti mugs. It is advised to never use bleach or any cleaning material that contains chlorine for this purpose.
How to Use Yeti Cleaning Tablets to Clean Coffee Stains?
Daily coffee or tea will definitely leave some kind of residue or stain marks on your Yeti tumblers. But rest assured that you can solve this issue easily at your home.
You can use this Yeti-approved deep cleaning product to get rid of all kinds of tough coffee stains.
You will get the actual cleaning details in the following section of the cleaning methods. Although I want to warn you that this method requires you to follow a few precautions as well.
3 Proven Methods to Remove Coffee Stains from Yeti Mug
There are lots of methods that can help you to get rid of coffee stains. Though, I recommend you to stay away from using bleach or any chlorine solution.
It will cause more damage than good. I have found 3 proven and tested methods that will help you clean your Yeti mug without making it uglier looking.
Method 1: Using White Vinegar and Salt
For this cleaning method, you are only required to have:
A good thing about this method is the easy availability of these materials. You can find them in your kitchen and even if you don’t have white vinegar, you can order it online.
They are easily available in your local market as well.
Salt has natural cleaning properties. It can be used for many purposes which also includes removing old and dirty coffee stains.
- Take one cup of pure white vinegar.
- Take 1 tablespoon of salt.
- Create a mixture of these in a bowl.
- Pour the mixture into Yeti Mug.
- Take a good quality microfiber cloth as it will help to scrub stains out of the yeti cup or mug more easily.
- Leave it for some time.
- Rinse the mug with water thoroughly.
- I want to mention here that if all the stains are not removed in the first attempt, then you can keep repeating this process until all of them are removed.
Method 2: Cleaning with Pure Baking Soda
Baking soda is famous for its natural whitening properties and it is used in various types of cleaning products that don’t produce any side effects.
That’s why it is mostly found in our toothpaste products too. Its whitening ability can help you to get rid of the coffee stains as well.
For this method, you are required to have:
- First of all, place pure baking soda at the inside bottom of your yeti cup.
- Add water into it. Make sure that water is enough to create a good paste. Don’t worry if the paste gets runny. Just add more baking soda to make the mixture thick again.
- Spread the paste inside the mug thoroughly. Make sure that stained areas are coated properly.
- Take a micro-fiber cloth as it will help to scrub the paste into those areas that need to be cleaned.
- Rinse the yeti cup with water and make sure that all the residues are gradually removed.
- You might not get a fully cleaned mug in the first attempt, so repeat this process until all the coffee stains are removed.
Method 3: Using Yeti Cleaning Tablets
This is one of the most efficient and easiest methods to clean your Yeti mugs. It can completely get rid of stubborn and old stained marks from your cup.
To remove those tough stains from your Yeti tumblers, you can follow this cleaning process.
Tools You Will Need:
- Yeti Cleaning Tablets
- If you haven’t bought Yeti cleaning tablets, then you can order them online easily.
- These tablets are Yeti-approved deep cleaning solution.
- To remove all types of tea and coffee stains from your Yeti mugs and cups, use these tablets before you put them into your dishwasher.
- Take 1 Yeti Cleaning Tablet and place it inside the Yeti cup.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour the solution out of the yeti cup and carefully rinse it with water.
- After cleaning it with water, now is the time to place your mug inside your dishwasher. Wash it thoroughly with a dishwasher to get the best cleaning results.
- You can repeat this cleaning method once or twice every week to maintain the cleanliness of your Yeti cups and mugs.
- Once you have created a solution in the Yeti tumbler, don’t shake it.
- If your Yeti tumbler is over 30 oz, then it is better to use two tablets to get the best results.
These are the proven and tested methods for removing tough coffee stains from any kind of Yeti cups and ramblers.
A good thing about these methods is they are risk-free and don’t cause any stainless steel material damage.
Just follow these steps exactly and you will be able to clean your Yeti mug in no time.
If you are a coffee lover and use Yeti cups to prepare coffee then you should take good care of the cleanliness of these cups.
You can enjoy your coffee and then try any of these cleaning methods to clean your yeti cup. You are only required to spend 5 to 10 minutes to get those tough stains out of your Yeti cup.
The best method for removing coffee stains is to use salt with white vinegar.
It is the most simple and easier cleaning method. You will not have to buy any ingredients from the market for this method.
You will have salt and vinegar at home. So, you can get stains out by following the methods given above.
Make sure that you are not using bleach as it can react with stainless steel and will cause more damage. So, be wise and choose the method that can help you in cleaning without causing any damage.