Have you recently bought a well crafted and very durable Hydro Flask Vacuum Insulated Coffee Mug with Flex Sip Lid for yourself or for your loved ones?
If so, keeping them clean and free from any coffee stains will really help you to maintain their performance for a long period.
Without regular cleaning, your Hydro Flask coffee travel mug will start to smell bad over a time and that funky metal smell will not be a pleasant experience for you.
Uncleaned internal walls will also start to affect the smell of your coffee later on and internal coffee stains might cause some infections which can affect your health too.
This is the reason you need to regularly clean the outside as well as the interior parts of your Hydro Flask travel coffee mug.
In this article, you will learn 5 of my easiest cleaning techniques that will help you keep your coffee mug bacteria free and stain free all the time.
It will also help you drink your hot brewed coffee without any funky metal smell. So, without further delay; let’s get to it.
Table of Contents
- 5 Easy Methods to Clean Hydro Flask Travel Coffee Mug
- How Often Should I Clean My Hydro Flask Coffee Mugs?
- Can You Use Apple Cider Vinegar to Clean Hydro Flask?
- Wrapping Up
5 Easy Methods to Clean Hydro Flask Travel Coffee Mug
Method 1: Use Soapy Water and Coffee Tumbler Cleaning Brush
This is the easiest and straightforward cleaning method. All you need is a warm soapy water and a good quality and durable coffee tumbler cleaning brush.
Things You Will Need:
1. Warm Soapy Water
2. Coffee Tumbler Cleaning Brush
1. First, you will need to disassemble your Hydroflask coffee mug properly.
Disassembling your wide mouth flex sip lid of the coffee mug is very important.
It will help you keep the closable lid bacteria free and smell free.
You can watch the following video to learn how to separate the Flex Sip lid of your coffee mug.
2. Once you disassemble the lid, then just take a bowl of warm soapy water and wet your coffee mug with this water.
3. You can keep the bottle soaked in this soapy water for few minutes if you want.
4. After that, take a good quality coffee tumbler cleaning brush and start cleaning the interior stainless steel walls of the coffee mug.
5. Once you clean the interior part, then also wash the outside part of your bottle properly with the soapy water.
6. Now let your Hydroflask coffee mug dry in the sunlight for few minutes and then you are done.
Method 2: Use Coffee Tumbler Cleaning Tablets
Another easier method to quickly remove the old coffee stains and get rid of metal funky smell from your Hydroflask water bottle or coffee mug is to use a natural water bottle cleaning tablets.
With these cleaning tablets, you don’t even require to do much internal scrubbing of your bottle.
These tablets speed up the internal cleaning process and helps to remove that bad smell and eliminates any coffee stains from the internal stainless steel walls.
Things You will Need:
1. All Natural Coffee Tumbler Cleaning Tablets
2. Warm Water
1. The first thing you will need to do is to open the closable flex sip lid of your Hydroflask coffee mug and then add warm water to fill the bottle completely.
2. Now take one coffee tumbler cleaning tablet and simply insert in inside the mug.
3. Now wait for next 15 to 30 minutes to allow the tablet to do its cleaning automatically.
4. Once 15-30 minutes are over, simply shake the bottle vigorously while the lid is closed.
5. Now pour all the internal solution in your kitchen sink and rinse the coffee mug under the tap water entirely.
6. Finally, let your coffee mug become dry in the sunlight for few minutes and you are done with its cleaning.
Method 3: Using White Distilled Vinegar
White distilled vinegar is highly efficient in cleaning old coffee stains and discoloration from stainless steel material.
At the same time, it also helps in getting rid of that funky metal smell and helps to keep the original flavor and taste of your hot brewed coffee.
Things You will Need:
1. White Distilled Vinegar Solution
2. Warm Water
3. Coffee Tumbler Cleaning Brush
1. In the beginning, you will need to disassemble the flex sip lid of Hydroflask coffee mug properly.
2. Now make the mixture of warm water and white distilled vinegar. Keep 1:2 proportion where you will mix 1 part of vinegar into 2 parts of warm water.
3. After that pour this mixture inside the Hydroflask coffee mug and let this mixture sit for about 5-10 minutes.
4. Once this time is over, you can use your coffee bottle cleaning brush to clean the coffee mug from inside.
5. This brush will help you get rid of any remaining coffee stains more efficiently. Once you are done cleaning, just throw the entire solution into the kitchen sink.
6. Finally rinse the bottle properly under the tap water and let it become dry by placing it under sunlight for few minutes.
Recommended Articles for You:
Method 4: Use Baking Soda and Bottle Cleaning Brush
Baking soda is highly effective cleaning agent that helps us to get rid of very stubborn and hard to remove old coffee stains from the inside of the bottle.
You can use a bottle cleaning brush to deep clean the interior part of the coffee mug using the baking soda paste.
Things You will Need:
1. Pure Baking Soda
2. Coffee Mug Cleaning Brush
1. The very first thing you will need is a scrubbing paste of baking soda. Take 2-3 tablespoons of pure baking soda and mix it with warm water in a bowl. Make it a proper scrubbing paste.
2. Now take your coffee mug cleaning brush and apply the scrubbing paste properly to its bristles.
3. Rinse the interior of your coffee mug under tap water to make it wet.
4. Now start scrubbing the interior stainless steel wall of the coffee mug with the cleaning brush.
5. Focus on cleaning all the interior parts thoroughly and carefully to remove all the old and hard to remove coffee stains.
6. Once you are done, rinse the bottle under the tap water again.
7. If you want you can use a warm soapy water to clean the exterior or outside part of your coffee mug.
8. Finally let it dry for few minutes and then your Hydroflask coffee mug will be ready to have a fresh new cup of coffee again.
Method 5: Using Urnex Coffee Stain Cleaner
Urnex Coffee Stain Cleaner is a multi-purpose coffee equipment cleaner.
It can remove all types of hard to remove coffee stains and coffee oil residue from all types of material including stainless steel, plastic, glass and airpots.
Things You will Need:
Urnex Coffee Stain Cleaner
Coffee Mug Cleaning Brush
1. The very first thing you will need to decide is how much concentrated solution you want. Depending on the level of coffee stains, you will need to prepare the mixture.
2. Add 1 part of Urnex coffee stain cleaner into either 2 parts or 4 parts of warm water. Make it a homogenous mixture.
3. Now pour the mixture inside your coffee mug and close the lid properly.
4. Shake the bottle vigorously and then open the lid.
5. Now use your coffee mug cleaning brush to deep clean the bottle thoroughly from inside.
6. Once done, just pour the solution into the kitchen sink and rinse the coffee mug properly under the tap water.
7. Finally let it dry by putting the coffee mug aside for few minutes and then it will be ready to use for coffee drinking.
How Often Should I Clean My Hydro Flask Coffee Mugs?
As per my research, the best time to clean your Hydro Flask Coffee Mugs is when you finish drinking your coffee from the mug.
Just cleaning it immediately after you finish your coffee from the mug will help it remain coffee stain free and prevent any bad smell from the mug.
If you can’t devote some time to clean immediately, then I recommend to clean the mug just before the next time you use to drink your hot or cold coffee.
Can You Use Apple Cider Vinegar to Clean Hydro Flask?
Yes, you can surely use a mixture of apple cider vinegar and warm water to clean the Hydro Flask water bottle or a coffee mug.
The procedure is almost the same as mentioned above for the white distilled vinegar.
You can also use a coffee mug cleaning brush to get the best cleaning results.
I recommend you to only use an organic apple cider vinegar solution to clean your coffee mugs at home.
Click Here to Get Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar Solution.
Regular cleaning of your Hydro Flask Coffee Mug is a very important process that many users don’t pay much attention to.
But cleaning this coffee mug is rather a very easy process and takes just few minutes of your busy schedule.
Using above mentioned 5 simple cleaning methods, you can keep your coffee mug free from those stubborn coffee stains, mold, and coffee oil residue.
It will also prevent all types of funky and bad metal smell coming from the internal part of the coffee mug.
I highly recommend you to use few minutes of your work schedule and clean your Hydroflask mug or water bottle with any of the above mentioned methods.