So, it happens sometimes that the half and half coffee creamer you bought from the local store could go sour or become curdled due to various reasons.
In some cases, an old or unused half and half creamer just sits in your fridge for lot of days and it goes bad or spoiled.
The reasons of half and half going bad or curdled could be multiple to mention such as exposure to heat or improper storage of the creamer, etc.
Whatever the reasons are, the main question is what to do with already curdled half and half. And the answer is not that difficult.
You can make various simple recipes or food items that make use of sour or curdled half and half creamer at home.
Today we are going to look at the various methods that can be used to properly utilize the already spoiled or curdled half and half creamer.
I am going to mention 5 easy recipes that you can prepare at your home with this spoiled or curdled half and half.
Therefore, without any delay; lets discover those recipes.
Table of Contents
- 5 Easy Recipes to Make with Curdled Half and Half Creamer
- FAQ Related to Use of Curdled Half and Half Creamer
- How Do You Fix Curdled Half and Half?
- Can You Eat Curdled Half and Half Coffee Creamer?
- Final Thoughts
5 Easy Recipes to Make with Curdled Half and Half Creamer
1. Easy Milk Biscuits
Things You will Need:
1 cup sour half and half
2 cup flour
1 tablespoon shortening
¼ teaspoon salt
Half teaspoon soda
1. First take 2 cup of flour and mix it well with soda and salt.
2. Rub this mixture properly with the help of 1teaspoon of shortening.
3. Now the time comes to add 1 cup of spoiled half and half creamer in this mixture.
4. Make sure that the dough you are making is soft and not very hard in texture.
5. In the end, place this properly mixed dough in your microwave oven for about 20 minutes and voila, your tasty and crispy homemade milk biscuits are ready to serve.
2. Cotton Cheese
Yes, with a curdled or spoiled half and half creamer you can make a cotton cheese recipe too.
Things You Will Need:
3 teaspoons of curdled half and half creamer
Little Sour milk
Little amount of salt
1. To make cotton cheese with curdled half and half creamer, you will first need a little sour milk.
2. Take 1 cup of sour milk in the bowl and boil this milk well in the simmering hot water.
3. Filter this hot milk carefully using a fine napkin from your home.
4. Try to squeeze out the whey and once you are done, add 3 teaspoons of spoiled half and half creamer in this milk.
5. Also add white pepper and a little amount of salt for better taste.
6. In the end, just make round balls of this mixture and your cotton cheese is ready to use in your other recipes.
Recommended Articles for You:
3. Half and Half Gingerbread
This is another very interesting and tasty recipe that you can make at your home with the help of curdled half and half creamer.
Things You will Need:
Half cup curdled half and half creamer
A Little amount of thick sour milk
1 cups flour
1 scant cup molasses
1 teaspoon of ginger
4 tablespoons of cocoa powder
Some soda and salt
1. The first thing you will need to do is to take half cup spoiled half and half creamer, a little quantity of sour milk, one beaten egg, and one scant cup of molasses.
2. Mix all these ingredients properly and then add 1/8 teaspoon of salt, 2 cups of flour, 4 tablespoons of cocoa powder and 1 teaspoon of ginger in the mixture.
3. Make this mixture homogeneous. You will also need some soda in it. But first dissolve soda in the hot water and then only add that water in the dough.
4. You can also add some melted shortening in this dough.
5. Finally, put this dough in the shallow pan and then bake it in your microwave oven for about 25 minutes to get the delicious half and half gingerbread in the end.
4. Egg Less Cookies
You can prepare egg less cookies easily at home with the help of some sour milk and curdled half and half creamer.
Things You will Need:
1 cup thick sour milk
1 tablespoon of curdled half and half creamer
1 cup sugar
Half cup butter
2 cups of flour
¾ teaspoon of soda
Half teaspoon of clove
Half teaspoon of cinnamon
1. First thing you will need to do is to gather all the above mentioned ingredients on your table.
2. Then take ¾ teaspoon of soda and dissolve it in the hot water.
3. Now take 1 cup of thick sour milk and add 1-2 tablespoon of spoiled half and half creamer in it.
4. Then add dissolved soda water in this mixture along with 1 cup sugar and half cup of butter.
5. Take 2 cups of flour and add the above mixture in the flour. Make it a homogeneous mixture.
6. Make sure this dough is as soft as possible. You can store this dough in the freezer for later usage too.
7. Now take out some dough and make smaller cookies from it.
8. Add some sugar on the top surface and then bake these cookies in the oven for about 20-25 minutes.
And voila! Your tasty egg less cookies are ready to serve.
5. Half and Half Cream Cake
This is another really delicious recipe you can make at home with the help of curdled half and half.
Things You will Need:
One beaten egg
2 cups of bread flour
1 cup of spoiled half and half creamer
1 teaspoon soda
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
Half teaspoon of cloves
Half teaspoon of vanilla
Some salt if needed
1 cup raisins
1 teaspoon of allspice
2 teaspoons of grated nutmeg
1. All the above mentioned ingredients are necessary to make a delicious and tasty creamy spice cake from the curdled half and half cream.
2. Gather all these ingredients and mix them properly to make it a homogeneous dough.
3. When you want to add soda in it, just make sure you add dissolved soda in the hot water.
4. As soon as you properly mix all these ingredients, you can bake this dough in your oven for about 20-25 minutes.
FAQ Related to Use of Curdled Half and Half Creamer
How Do You Fix Curdled Half and Half?
Curdled half and half creamer does not always mean that it is completely ruined or spoiled.
You can still use it make some food items such as the five recipes which I have mentioned above already.
You can make easy recipes such as milk biscuits, egg less cookies, cream cake, etc. at home with sour half and half creamer.
As far as fixing is concerned, you will not require to make any changes once the half and half is curdled or spoiled to some extent.
If it is expired or completely gone bad then only you will have to throw it in the dustbin.
Otherwise, in most case; it is fine to use such curdled half and half in various home recipes that are mentioned above.
Can You Eat Curdled Half and Half Coffee Creamer?
Yes, you can still add it in your coffee depending upon its current condition.
If the curdled half and half coffee creamer does not smell funny and does not taste too much sour, then you are fine to mix it in your coffee.
If it is mildly sour or curdled, then it will not spoil your coffee taste.
But if you see that the date of the half and half creamer is expired and more than 7 days or 14 days are passed after its expiration, then you should not eat or consume it at all.
It is best to throw such expired creamer in the dustbin.
So, as far as curdled half and half creamer is concerned, you can still consume it or add it in your daily coffee depending upon its current condition.
You can still make some interesting recipes with this curdled half and half at your home.
Kindly refer to my above mentioned recipes and do give them try at your home.
If the date of the half and half creamer is expired and more than a week is passed, the I would not recommend to use such creamers.