There can be multiple reasons why your Keurig K Mini coffee maker doesn’t dispense or pump enough water.
But among them, the most obvious one is due to water scaling.
After a certain period of time, the machine is not able to pump required water as the pumping valve gets clogged up.
Due to the typical amount of limescale collection, at the pumper’s mouth, less amount of water rises up or sometimes not even that.
This is the reason when people press for a large cup on the Keurig K Mini machine, they get 2 to 3 ounces of coffee in it instead of a full cup.
If you experience this problem at an earlier stage after buying the machine, then I recommend to return it or exchange it (under warranty).
Anyhow to descale the Keurig K Mini first, you need to purchase the Keurig descaling solution online.
1. Read through the instruction printed on its body to perform descaling procedure properly.
2. Now, pour 4.6 ounces of the solution into the water tank.
3. Fill the rest of the tank with clean water so that the solution gets mixed up correctly.
4. Lift the handle, then shut it and press the button for a normal brew.
5. After 2 minutes, the mixture comes out hot from the machine.
Repeat the same process again but this time watch the reservoirs solution as it gets soaked up.
6. After 2-3 more minutes, as soon as the water starts to make its way out of the device, press the power button.
This will make sure that the heated descaling solution stays inside the coffee maker.
7. Now, release the water after 30 minutes hopefully, your clogging dirt will melt and the brewed solution will come out whole.
8. Brew once again, but this time only with fresh water to make sure all the remaining contaminants have successfully been removed from the machine.
Special Note: Follow this simple trick once every 3 months so that your Keurig K Mini machine never faces such a clogging problem again.
Table of Contents
- FAQ Related to No Water Problem of Keurig K Mini Coffee Machine
- 4 Main Reasons Why Keurig K Mini Coffee Maker Does not Dispense Enough Water
- 4 Solutions to Fix Improper Water Flow Problem of Keurig K Mini
- How to Remove Water Reservoir from Keurig K Mini?
- 7 Easy Steps to Unclog Keurig K Mini Coffee Maker
- 3 Steps to Reset a Keurig K Mini Coffee Machine
FAQ Related to No Water Problem of Keurig K Mini Coffee Machine
4 Main Reasons Why Keurig K Mini Coffee Maker Does not Dispense Enough Water
1. Limescale Clogging
As I told earlier in this article, limescale clogging problem can be a major thing, but it can also be avoided if you descale the machine properly.
2. Trapped Internal Air
Following that, the air inside the pipeline can also create the same trouble.
Because those pipes internally block the water from getting dispensed.
This generally happens if the water tank is not fixed at its place tightly.
Gas gets stored there and if they aren’t bubbled out, they reach the inside of the machine once the brewing process starts and creates the obstruction.
Therefore, the machine is unable to function properly and dispense less water.
3. Insufficient Water in the Tank
Sometimes, the Keurig Mini asks for extra water to dispense the soaked amount.
Users don’t fill the water reservoir to the maximum level due to which these interruptions are seen.
Moreover, it’s a minor issue and can be averted pretty easily.
4. Damaged Water Pump
Also, keep an eye out for the water pump, with time it can get damaged or broken.
Replacing that is an option, but if you drink coffee many times a day you need to see if the machine is properly taken care of.
4 Solutions to Fix Improper Water Flow Problem of Keurig K Mini
1. Descale Your Machine Regularly
Running the descaling solution twice on this machine will fix some of the limescale clogging issues.
I recommend to follow the 8 descaling steps which I have mentioned in the beginning of this article.
Also, remember to use Keurig Descaling Solution to get the best cleaning results.
2. Fix Water Tank Properly in its Place
To fix the Air Line issue, make sure the water reservoir is tightly fixed in its position.
Fill a little portion of the tank with fresh water and pull up/down the tank constantly.
Do this, until some of the air comes out in form of bubbles from the intake point.
Once all the air is out of the system, you can now refill the whole tank and try out this process again.
The extra water problem can be resolved by clearing the tank and cleaning it thoroughly.
Only rinse the removable parts and then check if the pump valve is obstructed or not.
The pipe should stay white and clean, if not then clip it out and push some vinegar solution in it.
Let it stay for a while until you clear it with fresh water.
This clears the dirt or clogging from the inside and clears the way for the water to get pumped up.
3. Replace the Damaged Water Pump
Sometimes, the water pump can get broken or ruptured after a certain period of time if used on a daily basis.
The damage can be partial or complete, so you may need to change the whole pump if required.
I recommend calling a professional technician to fix the pump in case of partial wear and tear.
You can get a new small pump in the local market as well as from the company itself.
Quick Note: Don’t try and fix this thing personally, as you might damage the machine in the process due to lack of proper troubleshooting knowledge.
4. Clean Your Machine Regularly
On a general note, you should clean the Keurig K Mini coffee maker on a quarterly basis.
All you need is a screwdriver, knife, paperclip and a cleaning brush.
Disassemble all the parts of the device and rinse them neatly with the dishwasher.
Doing this ensures that everything stays clean and tidy so that no debris clings on the interior plus exterior of the machine.
Recommended Articles for You:
How to Remove Water Reservoir from Keurig K Mini?
Removing the water pod holder from the Keurig Mini is an easy job.
Pull up the handle at the top of the machine using one hand and lift the K-cup with the other one.
Make sure, you push the bottom of the pod while separating it from the device.
A catchy sound will be heard once the cup pod is released from its place.
Wash it and insert it back in by reversing the process.
7 Easy Steps to Unclog Keurig K Mini Coffee Maker
Clogging can happen at three places in this machine.
The first is the water tank, the second is the upper needle and the third is the lower needle.
1. To clean the water tank output area, detach the water reservoir.
2. Then use a cleaning brush and some dishwasher soap and completely rinse it off.
3. Attach it back again, once it’s dried up after half an hour.
4. To clean the needles, you will need a paperclip and some vinegar.
Turn the device off, open the front lid and make sure the machine isn’t used recently or needlessly hot.
(Note: be careful before doing this, as the needles are quite sharp.)
5. Pinch the clip on the three holes of the top needle, before you clean the upper surface.
Do it slowly as pushing the clips hardly can break the upper portion, which may cause leaking.
6. Now, to clean the portion of the bottom needle you need to take the small basket out of the Keurig.
The black basket is removable and it breaks down into two pieces.
You can also clean the place deep inside once you have taken the basket out.
Separate them by twisting the front and rear portions, cleaning the small hole area using the clip end from where the water drips.
7. In this way, you can remove all the clogging of the machine.
Now, reattach all the parts again and put the basket back in place.
Keep an eye out if the lid properly closes or not.
If not fit correctly, the handle may break permanently.
Repeat these steps once a month to steer clear of the debris obstruction problem of the machine.
3 Steps to Reset a Keurig K Mini Coffee Machine
The procedure to completely reset Keurig K Mini machine is quite simple.
There are many ways to do that but for every other problem there is a different solution.
1. Firstly, turn off the device and unplug the prong if your machine creates any problem or noise for 1 hour or more (before reusing).
2. Open and shut the cup lever if your machine is stuck or interrupted during the brew.
By doing this, you will fully reset the device before you make coffee again.
3. Remove the water tank from the back, empty it, clean it and attach it back again after an hour.
This will restart the device and the Keurig will work freshly after you press the start button.